Finally, the bad boy himself has given us a better timeframe on the next Bad Boys film — well, sort of.
On Monday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live, Will Smith revealed that a third Bad Boys film is pretty close to becoming a reality and we are very excited.
The first Bad Boys film came out back in 1995, and the second in 2003, so this elusive third film has been a long time coming.
“It is very, very, very close. It is very close,” Smith told Jimmy Kimmel during his interview.
He didn’t give off any big details or an actual release date, but the 48-year-old actor did praise his Bad Boys co-star, Martin Lawrence saying, “I love that dude. That’s among the best times I’ve ever had making movies. So, I’m looking forward to it.”
“Looking forward to it,” might not be an actual date, but it definitely sounds like this film is already in the works and we are very happy fans.
Speaking of the other Bad Boys lead, Lawrence previously told Kimmel that the film was potentially going to start filming in March.
“It’s just a matter of getting the script right and doing it at the right time,” Lawrence told Kimmel in October.
While neither actor has confirmed a release date, according to Sony, Bad Boys 3, which is titled Bad Boys for Life is slated to hit theaters on January 12, 2018, so mark your calendars.