Push through the middle of the week with a sweet gesture from one Doctor Who companion to another, a great Hairspray Live! cast announcement, and a big Archer renewal. That and more in today’s headlines.
1. Person of Interest ended its run on CBS after five seasons. We’ll miss it…until it’s fully available on Netflix in a few years that is. [CBS]
2. FX renewed Archer for three more seasons. Rest your vocal chords, you’ll need to yell “phrasing!” for many more years. [Variety]
3. Kristin Chenoweth joined the Hairspray Live! cast. Welcome Ms. Baltimore Crabs! What took her so long? [Vulture]
4. Jenna Coleman sent Pearl Mackie flowers to welcome her to Doctor Who family. Awww, companion love! [Entertainment Weekly]
5. The latest Suicide Squad posters are very bright. It’s like your eight grade trapper keeper found its way to a movie set. [ComicBookMovie.com]
6. John Boyega was cast in Kathryn Bigelow’s next movie. Less Star Wars, more gritty class drama. Interesting… [The Hollywood Reporter]