‘Castle’ Cast Reacts To Stana Katic’s Shocking Departure

featured-image
shares
Jump to Comments (13)

square-thumbnail

Castle fans may be in shock over the impending exit of Stana Katic, but they aren’t the only ones who are distraught over the news.

The stars and creator of the ABC drama took to Twitter on Monday (April 18) to react to Katic’s upcoming departure from the series.

Jon Huertas, who plays Javier Esposito, said he was “sad” to learn that both Katic and actress Tamala Jones would exiting the show after season 8 wraps up.

“To say I’m sad about Stana Katic and Tamala Jones not coming back even if Castle returns would be an understatement.” tweeted the actor. “And I am gonna miss Stana Katic and Tamala Jones who are more than coworkers to me but dear friends.”

Jones, an original cast member,  took to the social media site to thank the cast and crew after news broke that she wasn’t returning.

“I just wanted to thank you all ,Cast& Crew & CastleFandom.. It’s been an amazing ride! Family is what we are & I love u all!!!,” said the actress, who played Lanie Parish.

Costar Toks Olagundoye also expressed her dismay about Katic’s exit.

“Ya. I just learned that. Very very sad news,” Olagundoye, who plays Hayley, in response to a fan alerting her to Katic’s departure.

Beckett’s TV mother-in-law, Susan Sullivan, echoed those sentiments.

“Surprised and saddened to hear @Stana_Katic @tamalajones are moving to other artistic pursuits change allows growth!,” she wrote.

Meanwhile, Seamus Dever, who portrays Kevin Ryan, took to Twitter to thank his longtime costar.

“Oh man. has been a good partner and a good friend for the last eight years. Thank you, Stana,” he wrote.

In a stream of tweets, Huertas referenced the fact that ABC has yet to renew the series for a ninth season and also reiterated what showrunners Terence Paul Winter and Alexi Hawley recently said about the possibility of Castle going through some major changes if it returns in the fall.

“If there’s a S9 of Castle, I hope that r fans can see it fit 2 support this unknown incarnation of the show. And if I’m a part of the cast, I’ll work hard 2 continue 2 keep the integrity of our show intact,” he said, while adding that neither he nor actor Seamus Dever have been asked to return yet.

Castle creator Andrew Marlowe also chimed in with a concise tweet that sums up what a lot of fans are likely feeling.

“Heartbroken. There are no words. ,” wrote Marlowe, who exited the series himself last year.

While Marlowe didn’t specify what the hashtag “nmc” stands for, some are speculating it means “no more Castkett” (referring to the couple name for Castle and Beckett) or a call for “no more Castle.”

Will you watch Castle without Stana Katic?

**This post is being updated as more cast members react to the news of Stana Katic’s exit.**

Castle airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on ABC

shares

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s