Ease into the back half of the week with news about the next Scooby-Doo movie, Michael Keaton’s rumored role in the Marvel universe, and the first picture from Battle of the Sexes. That and more in today’s headlines.
1. A new Scooby-Doo movie is launching the “Hanna Barbara Cinematic Universe”. The movie is titled S.C.O.O.B.. Yes, you read that right. [/Film]
2. The Rock welcomed Charlize Theron to the Fast & Furious franchise. That’s almost too much great looks for one movie. [Entertainment Weekly]
3. Michael Keaton could be the villain in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Ah, yes. The well-known evil mastermind “Birdman”. [Variety]
4. Disney showed the first chunk of footage from Finding Dory at CinemaCon. A lot of underwater scenes, we would assume. [Deadline]
5. Chicago Med cast a Chicago Fire alum as a new doctor. Jeff Hephner, AKA Jeff Clarke, apparently knows doctors have more fun. [TVLine]
6. See the first shot of Emma Stone and Steve Carrell in Battle of the Sexes. The resemblance to Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs is uncanny. [Vulture]