Goodbye, E!. Hello, Netflix.
After seven hilarious seasons, Chelsea Lately has signed off for the last time. Handler enlisted the help of her celebrity friends to bid a fond farewell to her talk show last night, and the results were musically delightful.
A bevy of Hollywood stars like Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston, and Melissa McCarthy teamed up with musicians like Dave Grohl, LeAnn Rimes, and Selena Gomez to help Handler bid a musical adieu to her late-night series.
Gwen Stefani and Handler led the star-studded choir in a hilarious, “Handlerized” version of “We are the World,” which featured solo performances from singers including Fergie and Alanis Morrissette, as well non-singers including Tim Gunn and Gerard Butler.
Handler will take a brief hiatus from the late-night game and return in early 2016 with her very own Netflix talk show, which will reportedly feature “Handler’s unfiltered opinions on topics of the day as well as guest interviews.”
While Handler’s series may be over, this post has just begun! Here are 10 observations we have about the many celebrities in Chelsea Handler’s farewell song!
1. Chelsea Hammer. Well played, Stefani. Well played, indeed.
2. You, you, you, oughta know that performers like Alanis Morrissette and Gwen Stefani would receive solos, but no love for Sandra Bullock or Jennifer Aniston? That’s a jagged little pill to swallow.
3. We would love to know what Melissa McCarthy and 50 Cent chatted about during the commercial break.
Our guess is they exchanged their reviews on Guardians of the Galaxy.
4. Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens are totally soul sisters.
They are singing to each other!
5. What’s so funny, Miley Cyrus and Kelly Osbourne?
6. Do you think E! will pickup a Chuy and Dave Grohl spinoff reality series?
7. Who knew that Tim Gunn had pipes like that?
8. Anna Faris and Jennifer Aniston should costar in a buddy cop movie together.
Add Melissa McCarthy and you’ve got a hit.
Lloyd Banks though…not so much.
10. The award for celebrity who looks like they’re having the most fun goes to…
Watch clips from the final episode here.
Did you tune in to watch the series finale of Chelsea Lately?