TGIF! Are you on the prowl for a fun way to start your long weekend? Look no further than our morning headlines! In today’s edition, One Direction promises an edgier new album, the pilot episode for Cristin Milioti and Ben Feldman’s forthcoming NBC sitcom hits the Web, and North West takes her first steps. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
1. Ben Affleck finally broke his silence regarding the public outcry that took place after he was cast to play Batman in the upcoming Batman v. Superman film. “Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I wouldn’t have taken the part if I didn’t trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking, Affleck told EW. “I think Chris Terrio wrote a terrific script. Zack’s a great visual director. And there’s an interesting take. I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think I could do it.” [EW]
2. Are you ready for an edgier One Direction? The popular boy band revealed on the Today show that their upcoming album will be a slight departure from their previous records. “I think it’s going to be a little bit more edgy, but obviously we feel like we’ve got some really good songs and we are happy,” Niall Horan said. [Ryanseacrest.com]
3. You don’t have to wait until October to watch NBC’s new series A to Z! The full pilot for the comedy — which was created by Rashida Jones and stars How I Met Your Mother’s Cristin Milioti and Mad Men’s Ben Feldman — is available to watch online. [Splitsider]
4. New model North West recently learned a trick of the trade that all great models possess: The ability to walk! The one-year-old recently took her first steps after completing her first week of swimming lessons, and mamma Kardashian was there to capture the moment. [People]
5. While Taylor Swift’s much-anticipated Yahoo Live Stream isn’t until Monday, the singer may have already revealed the name of the first single off her new album. Get ready to “Shake It Off!” [Bustle]
6. Martin Lawrence has confirmed that Bad Boys 3 is in development! “I just talked to [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it’s real, they’re working on the script, they’re getting close, and it all looks good,” Lawrence told Conan O’Brien. [Just Jared]