Happy Thursday, People’s Choicers! In today’s morning headlines we tease a possible sequel to the 2002 Britney Spears film Crossroads, celebrate the secret marriage of Alexis Bledel, and discover that Katie Holmes was considered for the role of Piper on Orange is the New Black. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
1. Britney Spears sent a tweet to former Crossroads costar Zoe Saldana hinting at the possibility of a sequel to the 2002 film. What do you think? Would you be interested in seeing Crossroads 2? [Cosmo]
2. During a recent interview, former O.C. actress Mischa Barton admitted that she probably wouldn’t accept the role of Marissa Cooper if it were offered to her again. “It’s something I came so close to not doing. I had a really great thing with film. People say be grateful for what you have but it certainly [was] not the kind of thing I was expecting it to be.” [Metro]
3. Daniel Radcliffe: man of the people! The Harry Potter star comforted a crying fan at the premiere of his new film What If earlier this week with a hug and a selfie! [Just Jared]
4. Rory Gilmore is married! Alexis Bledel secretly married her Mad Men costar Vincent Kartheiser during an intimate ceremony in Ojai, California back in June. Congratulations to the happy couple! [Us Weekly]
5. Orange was almost the new… Joey Potter? Orange is the New Black creator Jenji Kohan revealed that she considered former Dawson’s Creek star Katie Holmes for the starring role of Piper. “I’m a big fan of hers,” Kohan said of Holmes. “She had other things to do.” [E Online]
6. J.K. Rowling sent a handwritten note in the voice of Albus Dumbledore to 15-year-old shooting survivor Cassidy Stay. Along with the letter Rowling also sent a wand, an acceptance letter and school supply list for Hogwarts, and a signed copy of The Prisoner of Azkaban. [EW]