Happy Monday! Did anybody happen to see this little under the radar film titled Guardians of the Galaxy over the weekend? We heard it’s not too shabby. In today’s headlines Tara Reid debuts a unique perfume, Idina Menzel’s son is over “Let it Go,” and a new Miss Teen USA has been crowned. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
1. Guardians of the Galaxy completely decimated the August opening weekend box office record by raking in an estimated $94 million. The Bourne Ultimatum held the previous record earning $69.3 million back in August of 2007. [Forbes]
2. How would you like to smell like Sharknado? Tara Reid has released “Shark by Tara,” a perfume inspired by the hit franchise. According to Reid’s website, the fragrance “incorporates a plethora of lavender colored flowers and nodes of iced mint, violet, lemon, jasmine, amber, musk, and more.” [MTV]
3. The stakes have been raised in one of the most unusual celebrity rivalries of all time. Watch as Julia Roberts confronts Achmed, the famous Reddit dog who’s afraid of her face, during her recent appearance on the Tonight Show. [BuzzFeed]
4. Idina Menzel’s 4-year-old son Walker is over hearing his mom sing “Let it Go.” “He tells me to shut up,” Menzel told EW Radio. “He’s, like, over it. He doesn’t want to hear me sing.” [EW]
5. Are you ready for a truly “Flawless” song? Beyonce posted a remix to her track “Flawless” Saturday night featuring a new verse from Nicki Minaj. [Rolling Stone]
6. Congratulations, South Carolina! Miss South Carolina K. Lee Graham is this year’s Miss Teen USA 2014. [E Online]