Good morning! Welcome to your Monday edition of morning headlines! Today we learn the identity of the character who will be the object of Oliver Queen’s fury on the upcoming season of Arrow, watch 5 Seconds of Summer prank their fans, and review some Disney Princess-inspired wedding gowns. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
1. While we’re still four days away from Guardians of the Galaxy cruising into theaters, the sequel, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, received an official release date. Mark your calendars for July 28, 2017. [Deadline]
2. Scarlett Johansson’s film Lucy debuted at number one this weekend earning an estimated $44 million dollars. Dwayne Johnson‘s Hercules followed in second bringing in a reported $29 million. [Forbes]
3. What did Ian Somerhalder think about this year’s Comic Con? Find out by perusing his exclusive Comic Con photo diary! [Vanity Fair]
4. A Felicity and Oliver dinner date and the season 3 “big bad” is revealed in this captivating trailer for the upcoming season of Arrow. Take a look! [EW]
5. Are you ready to receive some mind-blowing information? Disney Princess wedding gowns exist! From Snow White to Belle, check out these truly innovative gowns inspired by your favorite Disney characters. [Bustle]
6. Australian sensations 5 Seconds of Summer not only performed a medley of their hits on Jimmy Kimmel Live recently, they also played a hilarious prank on a few of their fans. Take a look! [Ryanseacrest.com]