Welcome back to yet another exciting edition of morning headlines! In today’s hodgepodge of celebrity news we have a teaser trailer for season eight of Doctor Who, a sneak peek of Ariana Grande’s next music video, and Miranda Lambert reveals her fitness inspiration. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
1. Are you ready for Peter Capaldi’s first season as the Doctor? BBC America released a teaser trailer for the new season of Doctor Who. Season eight of Doctor Who premieres August 23 on BBC America. [EW]
2. Transformers: Age of Extinction dominated the box office this weekend with an estimated $100 million debut. 22 Jump Street finished in second place earning a reported $15.4 million. [LA Times]
3. Ariana Grande posted a teaser of her upcoming music video “Break Free” on Instagram over the weekend. Grande’s new album, My Everything, will be released August 25. [Fuse]
4. A first class move! Amy Adams gave her first class seat to an American soldier during a recent flight. “I didn’t do it for attention for myself,” Adams told Inside Edition. “I did it for attention for the troops.” [ABC News]
5. During a recent interview with Women’s Health magazine, Miranda Lambert revealed that her fitness inspiration is Britney Spears. “I can picture Britney‘s body and I’m like, ‘Oh! Faster!’” Lambert said about her workouts. [Just Jared]
6. Lena Dunham served as a bridesmaid for her best friend’s wedding over the weekend. “Getting ready for my best friend’s wedding,” Dunham tweeted. “Potent, emotional, feel someone should make a movie about it. Called ‘Wedding Of My Best Friend.'” [Us Weekly]