Greetings, everyone! We hope you all enjoyed some fun in the sun over the weekend. Let’s kick off the week with some pop culture headlines, shall we? Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis recreate an epic selfie, North West celebrates her first birthday, and Think Like a Man Too opens at number one. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
1. Think Like a Man Too dominated the box office this weekend. The Kevin Hart comedy earned a solid 12.2 million on Friday, finishing ahead of 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon 2. [HitFix]
2. Even though it’s been over 20 years since the original photo, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis recreated their iconic Thelma & Louise selfie! Sarandon tweeted the reunion photo along with the caption, “Inventors of the #selfie at it again. #ThelmaAndLouise. [Hollywood Life]
3. North West celebrated her first birthday over the weekend. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West organized a Coachella themed bash, which they dubbed “Kidchella.” [Just Jared]
4. Anna Paquin admitted that she was overcome by emotions during the final script run-through for her HBO series True Blood. Apparently, Paquin wasn’t the only True Blood star moved to tears. “Anna and I, we were probably the worst,” actress Lauren Bowles admitted. “It was basically like a bunch of 12-year-old girls in a Fault in Our Stars screening.” [People]
5. Wired provided Harry Potter fans with a sneak peek of Universal Studios’ “Escape From Gringotts” ride. Described as the centerpiece of the new Diagon Alley extension to the fantastic Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, “Escape From Gringotts” will be open to the public July 8th. [Wired]
6. Emblem3 is down to only two members. The pop group announced that founding member Drew Chadwick has left to pursue a solo career.[Billboard]