Music lovers can finally exhale. After a four day, all consuming jumble of melodic euphoria, Bonnaroo 2014 is finally complete! Whether you were enjoying the revelry in person or following the action from the comfort of your living room, the 2014 festival provided us with a number of exhilarating performances.
Missed it? Here are the 10 most amazing moments from this year’s Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival!
10. People lined up 12 hours in advance just to watch Elton John perform
“And it seems to me, people waited in line, like a candle in the wind.
Never knowing who to cling to or if they’d ever get in!”
9. Jack White performed an amazing 26-song, two-and-a-half hour set
The comprehensive setlist included material from The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, and White’s two solo albums.
8. Broad City star Hannibal Buress led the crowd in a rousing rendition of “I Believe I Can Fly”
7. Lauryn Hill performed a few reggae jam-infused “Miseducation” cuts
6. Ed Helms returned to Bonnaroo to present his “Bluegrass Situation Superjam”
5. A jam-packed Bonnaroo crowd sang along to nearly every Sam Smith song
Smith also performed a cover of the Arctic Monkey’s single “Do I Wanna Know.”
4. Lauryn Hill, Warpaint, and Janelle Monae joined Skrillex for an exuberant three-hour jamboree
Janelle Monae also performed rollicking covers of Michael Jackson’s “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin” and James Brown’s “I Feel Good.”
3. SNL’s Taran Killam brought the positivity to Bonnaroo
2. Kanye West avenged his 2008 Bonnaroo tardiness as he headlined the opening night of the festival
“I ain’t going after nobody on the radio,” West declared. “I’m goin’ after Shakespeare. Walt Disney. Mozart. Henry Ford. Howard Hughes. David Stern. Elon Musk. You can only achieve as high as your dreams.”
Unfortunately, Mozart was unavailable for comment.
1. Over 70,000 fans chanted along to Jack White’s “Seven Nation Army”
Bonnaroo 2014 is officially in the books. What was your favorite moment?