Happy Tuesday, People’s Choicers! Time to rise and shine, turn the Grande up to the max, and read today’s morning headlines! Joshua Jackson talks Mighty Ducks 4, Psy debuts a new hip-hop video, and Shonda Rhimes dispenses life advice. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read today:
1. Happy 37th birthday, Kanye West. The rapper received quite the exquisite birthday cake from his new wife Kim Kardashian. Take a look at his one of a kind “Yeezus” cake below! [Yahoo]
2. Could the “Flying V” be making a comeback? Former Mighty Ducks star Joshua Jackson hopes so. “I feel like a fourth film should happen,” Jackson said. “If there was space for any of the original kids that come back and have a role, I would be surprised that anybody didn’t want to do it. The next generation should have its own version.” [Vulture]
3. FIFA announced that Jennifer Lopez will no longer be performing the official World Cup song, “We Are One (Ole Ola),” at the event’s opening ceremony on Thursday. Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte will still perform the song despite Lopez’s absence. [People]
4. Psy is back! The South Korean pop star has teamed up with Snoop Dogg for his new hip-hop single “Hangover.” [Telegraph]
5. Need a laugh after watching The Fault in Our Stars? Check out this adorable list of 17 things to cheer you up! [Bustle]
6. Shonda Rhimes gave a commencement speech at Darmouth over the weekend and — in typical Rhimes fashion — it was absolutely amazing. Rhimes’ advice? “Volunteer some hours. Focus on something outside yourself. Devote a slice of your energies towards making the world suck less every week.” [Time]