Happy Friday, People’s Choicers! Before you head off to the beach, take a look at our pre-weekend edition of morning headlines! Robert Pattinson doesn’t want to say cheese, Benedict Cumberbatch and Johnny Depp may work together in a new film, and BuzzFeed shares some throwback photos of actress Angelina Jolie. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. Throwback Friday! Take a look at these adorable 8th grade graduation photos of Angelina Jolie from 1989. No awkward phase here! [BuzzFeed]
2. Once director John Carney is teaming up with Bono on a Dublin-based musical titled Sing Street. Carney will write and direct the film, while Bono and The Edge will contribute songs and additional musical elements. [EW]
3. Is Selena Gomez following you on Instagram? Only three users were spared from the singer’s recent unfollowing spree: her lifestyle brand Dream Out Loud, jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz, and Bishop T.D. Jakes. [MTV]
4. Robert Pattinson does not want you to take a photo of him. “I’m just trying to not be in stupid gossip magazines, basically, and I think the best way to do it is never be photographed ever,” Pattinson said. “As I get older, I just get more and more and more self-conscious about getting photographed. I don’t know why. I’ve done it too many times and now I feel like everyone can see through me.” [NY Daily News]
5. Benedict Cumberbatch is in talks to replace Guy Pearce in Johnny Depp’s upcoming crime drama based on the book Black Mass: Whitey Bulger, the FBI, and a Devil’s Deal. The film also stars Adam Scott, Joel Edgerton, Dakota Johnson, Juno Temple, and Jesse Plemons. [Hollywood Reporter]
6. And finally, start your weekend off on the right foot by watching this California teenager imitate Michael Jackson’s iconic performance of “Billie Jean” during his school talent show. [Pop Sugar]