TGIF, People’s Choicers! Before you begin to bask in the warm glow of Friday, enjoy our collection of morning headlines. In today’s edition Ariana Grande drops a new tune, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt chat about wedding planning, and Pitch Perfect 2 adds a new cast member. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. Ariana Grande surprised fans by releasing her song “Boyfriend Material,” a fan favorite tune that was left off of her first album. Luckily, this could be the first of many. “Don’t worry…you’ll get more of these oldies too as time goes on,” Grande wrote. “I’m working on it for you.” [Just Jared]
2. Disappointed the CW passed on the proposed Supernatural spinoff? You’re in luck. CW president Mark Pedowitz revealed that producers will seek a new concept to develop for next year’s pilot season. “We believe there is a really good brand in Supernatural,” Pedowitz said. “We felt the Supernatural [spin-off pilot Bloodlines] didn’t quite get there … We know we want to develop once more for next season a Supernatural spinoff.” [EW]
3. Kristen Stewart the actress is about to become Kristen Stewart the director. The Twilight star will co-direct a music video for the country-rock band Sage + the Saints. [Rolling Stone]
4. Who did Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt choose to plan their upcoming wedding? Their kids of course? “They will, in a way, be the wedding planners,” Jolie said. “It’s going to be Disney or paintball — one or the other!” [Cosmo]
5. We all know Connie Britton is an amazing actress, but can the Nashville star conduct an interview? Find out as Britton plays reporter with People’s Editorial Director Jess Cagle. [People]
6. Katey Segal has joined the cast of Pitch Perfect 2. Segal will play the mother of new cast member Hailee Steinfeld‘s character in the anticipated sequel. [Deadline]