Greetings, fellow celebrity enthusiasts! Welcome to the Thursday edition of morning headlines. Today we have Demi Lovato pranking a few of her fans, Lana Del Rey announcing a release date for her upcoming album, and Chris Colfer starring in a biopic. Those stories and more in today’s morning headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read today:
1. Demi Lovato fans, who are lovingly referred to as “Lovatics,” received the surprise of a lifetime while singing the lyrics to her brand-new single “Really Don’t Care:” a visit from Lovato herself! Watch the singer surprise a number of giddy fans in the lyric video for “Really Don’t Care.” [MTV]
2. Chris Colfer has reportedly signed on to star in a Noel Coward biopic, tentatively titled Noel. Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jonathan Pryce are also in talks to join the film, which focuses on the life of the famous British playwright. [EW]
3. Lana Del Rey revealed the album cover and release date for her forthcoming album. Look for Ultraviolence to be available starting June 17th. [Time]
4. Emma Watson and Cate Blanchett joined Prince William at a charity dinner held at Windsor Castle. “I’m sorry my wife’s not here,” William said while introducing Ralph Lauren. “You probably would far rather [see] my wife.” [LA Times]
5. It should come as no surprise that Emily Blunt and John Krasinski have an attractive baby, but even new mommy Blunt was a bit surprised about her newborn’s seemingly easy transition into the Hollywood style. “She’s just stinking cute. She came out ready for a photo shoot,” Blunt joked during a Wednesday appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. [People]
6. He’ll be back! Harry Connick, Jr. announced on Live! with Kelly & Michael that he will returning as a judge for season 14 of American Idol. [Just Jared]