As Craig Ferguson would say, today is not a great day for America everybody!
The Late Late Show host announced during a taping of his show on Monday night that he plans to step down from his gig at the end of the year.
“Then, I’ll go and do something else,” Ferguson continued to a chorus of boos from the audience. “Probably, I’m thinking carpentry. But I haven’t made my mind up yet.”
Here are five reasons why Craig Ferguson should not leave The Late Late Show.
5. Serious politicians, like Betty White, announced their candidacies for office on his show.
(Her running mate was Richard Nixon)
4. The secretariat dance. Somehow, forcing celebrity guests to get up and dance to an obnoxious club beat while two guys dressed as a horse joined them became a thing.
3. Spontaneous moments. Like throwing a real log on a fake fire.
2. His fearless sidekick Geoff Peterson. And that time Russell Brand attacked him. What other latenight comedian would have a robot as a sidekick?
1. His monologues. Ferguson is known for his conversational style monologues that favored anecdotes and off-the-cuff remarks over cue cards and punchlines. And of course, they always kicked off with, “It’s a great day for America everybody!”
Who do you think should replace Craig Ferguson on The Late Late Show? Tell us in the comments below!
5 REASONS DAVID LETTERMAN SHOULD NOT RETIRE FROM ‘LATE SHOW’
‘THE VOICE’ CONTESTANTS PICK THEIR DREAM COACH: PHARRELL OR GWEN STEFANI?
‘VAMPIRE DIARIES’ AND ‘ORIGINALS’ EXEC PRODUCER JULIE PLEC REVEALS THE ONE STORYLINE SHE WISHES SHE COULD CHANGE