Happy Friday, People’s Choicers! So many headlines, so little time. Let’s get to i! Channing Tatum’s in talks to possibly portray Gambit in the 2016 X-Men film, the trailer for Robert Pattinson’s upcoming movie The Rover is released, and Lorde finally meets her inspiration for “Royals” — those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. “If the stars align, I would play it.” Talks have resurfaced regarding Channing Tatum potentially portraying Gambit in 2016′s X-Men: Apocalypse. “Gambit’s the only X-Man I ever loved,” Tatum said. “He’s the most un-X-Man X-Man that’s ever been an X-Man.” [EW]
2. Take a look at the new trailer for the upcoming Robert Pattinson, Guy Pearce film The Rover. Directed by David Michôd, The Rover opens June 13th.
3. Here’s your first look at Fox’s new deceptive reality series I Wanna Marry Harry. The ludicrous, yet oddly enticing, premise centers on a Prince Harry look-a-like swindling 12 unsuspecting contestants into believing they have a chance to marry the real Prince Harry. [Vulture]
4. Lorde finally met the inspiration behind her hit single “Royals:” former Kansas City Royals third baseman George Brett. So how exactly did the hall of fame baseball player inspire Lorde? The singer revealed the answer to VH1 last month: “I had this image from the National Geographic of this dude just signing baseballs […] He was a baseball player and his shirt said, ‘Royals.’ […]It was just that word. It’s really cool.” [Bustle]
5. Who’s excited for The Cannes Film Festival? It was announced that Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Ryan Gosling, and Channing Tatum, among others, will all have films heading to France next month. The Cannes Film Festival begins on May 14 and runs until May 25.[MTV]
6. Take a look at the new trailer for If I Stay, the upcoming film based on the Gayle Forman novel of the same name. Starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Jamie Blackley, If I Stay opens August 22nd. [People]