We just can’t get enough Mean Girls nostalgia! From the proposed musical to the mini-reunions, we’re always on the prowl for any and all Mean Girls related gossip. If you’re a fellow pink wearing, fetch saying, Glenn CoCo loving Mean Girls aficionado, we have some spectacular news for you…
Nope. It’s April 16th. Not even close.
Our news is regarding actor Daniel Franzese, aka pink shirt enthusiast Damian, who recently revealed some interesting behind-the-scenes gossip about the 2004 comedy during an interview with Cosmo. What did Janis’ best friend have to say? Let’s find out!
1. There was almost a different ending to Mean Girls: “There’s actually a deleted scene from Mean Girls — the original ending shows what happened to Damian after [junior year], and he was going to audition for American Idol. Simon Cowell was going to call him chubby and then he was going to run up on the stage and punch him.”
2. The cast of Mean Girls acted very much like high school students while on set: “Lizzy [actress Lizzy Caplan] and I were a clique — there’s no question about that. We were always laughing, always in each other’s trailers, always in each other’s hotel rooms. Inseparable, really. Amanda and Lacey hung out a lot; Lindsay did her own thing. She had a guardian and two young friends with her and they all hung out a lot. Really, it was Lizzy and I rolling solo.”
3. Jonathan Bennett wasn’t the first choice for the role of Aaron Samuels: — “There was another actor who was playing Aaron Samuels at the dinner [with Lorne Michaels]. Now, the next day at the table read, this other actor hadn’t shaved and he didn’t take his hat off; he was playing it really cool. People kept coming over to him like, “You know, you should really take your hat off.” And then, right after the table read, he got fired and they called Jonathan Bennett, who I guess was their second choice.”
4. Aaron Samules was almost portrayed by… James Franco?: — “Lindsay recently told me that, even before [the actor who got fired], James Franco was considered for the role of Aaron Samuels. I thought that was so cool — Bennett was great but that would’ve been cool.
5. Rachel McAdams was very low-key during filming: — “It’s funny because Amy Poehler was less than a decade older than Rachel McAdams when she was playing her mom. Rachel’s a really humble person. When we would all go out, Rachel would just stay home. Her agents would come to set and she wouldn’t go to dinner with them, she was just like, “I’m going to chill.” She didn’t want to do interviews, she wasn’t very Hollywood — she was just an actor. Really low-key and normal; a cool, down-to-earth chick.”
In related fetch news, Mean Girls is currently streaming on Netflix!
‘Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley Reveals The Most Romantic Scene He’s Shot, Who Stefan Should Date, And More
Taylor Swift Crashes A Super Fan’s Bridal Shower And The Result Is Adorable — PHOTOS
MTV Movie Awards 2014: 8 Buzziest Looks!