Good morning and happy Monday to us all! We hope your weekend was filled with equal parts relaxation and fun! Let’s get to the pop culture headlines, shall we? Today we have an absolutely precious video of Beyonce reacting to Blue Ivy, exciting news regarding the future of The Mindy Project and information regarding the upcoming Supernatural spin-off pilot. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read this morning:
1. In an incredibly funny, well-written essay that we deem worthy of the ever elusive “must read” moniker, Jennifer Lawrence’s best friend and Oscar date wrote about her experiencing attending the Academy Awards. Bill Murray’s dancing, Brad Pitt’s scent and Kerry Washington’s snacking habits all await you in this engaging essay from the talented Laura Simpson. [Myspace]
2. If a picture is worth a 1000 words Beyonce’s expression is equivalent to 1000 “awws.” Beyonce’s Grammy rehearsal was interrupted by one very special guest: Blue Ivy Carter. Little “Blue Blue” used the sound system to adorably contact her mamma who was practicing her hit song “Drunk in Love.” Take a look! [E Online]
3. While not as financially successful as its predecessor, 300 Rise of an Empire was the number one movie on Friday taking in an estimated $17.7 million at the box office. The opening of Dreamworks Animation’s Mr. Peabody & Sherman followed with $8 million, while last week’s number one, Non-Stop, rounded out the top three. [The HD Room]
4. Supernatural’s spin-off pilot, Supernatural: Bloodlines, has cast its final original series regular! Arrow’s Melissa Roxburgh will play Violet Durant, a member of a powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her forbidden love for family rival David (The Originals‘ Nathaniel Bozulic), a shapeshifter. Supernatural: Bloodlines will air April 29th on the CW. [TV Line]
5. Glee star Harry Shum Jr. is set to dance his way down the isle! The actor and his longtime girlfriend, Shelby Rabara, got engaged while vacationing in Hawaii last October. [People]
6. Fox announced Friday that it has renewed freshman hit Brooklyn Nine-Nine as well as The Mindy Project and The Following. Fox executives Kevin Reilly and Joe Earley released a joint statement praising their newly renewed slate of innovative programming. “These shows are some of the best and acclaimed series on television, with influential, culture-driving stars, and some of the best, most creative talent behind the camera.” [EW]