Greetings and salutations, People’s Choicers! Welcome to your Thursday edition of celebrity headlines. Today we bring you the new Transformers trailer, the latest news on a recent Oscar winner and your first look at Demi Lovato’s new fierce hairstyle. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read this morning:
1. Nobody said being a singer-songwriter would be easy. Ariana Grande posted a photo on her Instagram account in which she was being carried off set. Grande captioned the photo, “long shoot day yesterday, couldn’t walk or keep my eyes open by the time we finished.”
2. Tired of Barbie’s unrealistic body proportions, artist Nickolay Lamm decided to create a more realistic doll. Utilizing crowd funding tools, Lamm set out to raise $95,000 to begin production on a doll that has a “real woman’s proportions.” The new line is called Lammily and its tagline is: “Average is beautiful.” Take a look! [Time]
3. Despite critical acclaim, Oscar winner Matthew McConaugh will not return for a second season of the HBO series True Detective. “No, I won’t be back for season two. Season one was finite,” McConaughey responded when asked about the popular HBO series while attending the Oscars. [HitFix]
4. Are you a fan of Demi Lovato’s fierce new hairstyle? The singer shaved the side of her rainbow-colored hair off and debuted her fresh look via Twitter. What do you think? [Wonderwall]
5. Angelina Jolie’s newest role as the self-proclaimed “Mistress of All Evil” in Maleficent, the new live-action film based on the Sleeping Beauty villain, scared most, but not all, of her children. Jolie and Brad Pitt’s youngest daughter Vivienne ended up playing a young version of Princess Aurora in the film, but the casting was mostly out of necessity. “The other 3- and 4-year-old [performers] wouldn’t come near me,” Jolie revealed. “It had to be a child that liked me and wasn’t afraid of my horns and my eyes and my claws. So it had to be Viv.” [Entertainment Weekly]
6. More like robots in plain sight. Here’s your first look at Mark Wahlberg in the new trailer for the upcoming summer blockbuster Transformers: Age of Extinction. The Michael Bay directed film hits theaters June 27th. [News Ledge]
‘How I Met Your Mother’ Shocker: Is the Mother Actually Dead?
Jimmy Fallon and Idina Menzel Perform Acoustic ‘Let It Go.’ See 5 More Amazing Fallon Performances!
Lea Michele Says It’s ‘Difficult’ to Listen to Cory Monteith Ballad, The Deleted ‘Catching Fire’ Scene You Have to See and More