Hello and welcome to your Tuesday. We have an interesting assortment of pop culture stories for you to sample this morning. Justin Bieber uses social media to emote, Coldplay announces details regarding their new album and Angelina Jolie gets to know her neighbor in an extremely interesting manner. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines.
Here are the six stories you need to read this morning:
1. Is Justin Bieber missing his ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez? According to Bieber’s Instagram, all signs point to yes. The singer recently uploaded a photo of Gomez from the Vanity Fair Oscar party with the caption “Most elegant princess in the world.” [Instagram]
2. It appears as though we won’t be hearing from British boy band The Wanted anytime in the near future. “It is just a break at the moment for everyone to go off and do their own thing for a bit, but you never know what’s gonna happen,” The Wanted’s Nathan Sykes told Maximum Pop. “It could be a long break or it could be quite a short one, but it’s probably going to be quite a lengthy one if I’m honest.” [MTV UK]
3. Will Smith could not hide his Oscar excitement while being interviewed on the red carpet. Watch what happens when the megastar recognizes a cameraman from his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days. [Hot 99.5]
4. Coldplay announced that their newest album, Ghost Stories will be released on May 19th. You can pre-order through iTunes and listen to their track “Midnight” below. [Bustle]
5. Arby’s bought Pharrell Williams’ Grammy hat for 14,700 Roast Beef Classics, or if you don’t calculate currency in terms of Arby’s menu items, $44,100. Proceeds will go to Williams’ charity From One Hand to Another, which works with at-risk youths. [Us Weekly]
6. Inspiration was almost literally knocking on Angelina Jolie’s front door. Jolie’s latest cinematic endeavor is a film adaptation of the book Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption, but coincidentally the subject of the book, 97-year-old Olympian and war hero Louis Zamperini, lives in Jolie’s neighborhood. The actress spoke to Tom Brokaw from Zamperini’s home during a Today show interview that aired Tuesday. “I imagine that for the last 10-something years, he’s been sitting there having a coffee in the morning and wondering, ‘Who’s going to make this movie?’ And I’ve been sitting in my room laying there thinking, ‘What am I supposed to be doing with my life? I want to do something important … Where is it?’ And it was right outside my window.” [People]
Oscars 2014: 5 Funniest Moments
Oscars 2014: See the 10 Best Dressed Stars and Grade Their Looks!
Oscars 2014: Here’s Who Would Have Won if Fans Voted
Lea Michele Opens Up About Her Last Conversation With Cory Monteith