Greetings! Let us ease you into the work week with a fresh dose of pop culture headlines. Today we answer the following questions: Which Sochi Olympic star resembles Cinderella? Which singer said yes to a marriage proposal on Valentine’s Day? Which former American Idol star is a proud new papa? Those are the questions, and we have the answers in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the six stories you need to read this morning:
1. A bevy of celebrities including Uma Thurman, Helen Mirren, and Ralph Fiennes attended a reception at Buckingham Palace hosted by Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth II on Monday to honor Britain’s theater and film talent. Middleton looked stunning at the event donning a red Alexander McQueen dress while greeting guests. [Us Weekly]
2. Ice queens or Disney princesses? If your eyes have been glued to the Sochi Olympics, you’ll absolutely love this slideshow featuring Olympic figure skaters and their Disney doppelgängers. [Bustle]
3. Christina Aguilera is heading for the altar! Aguilera’s boyfriend of three years, film producer Matt Rutler, proposed to the stylish singer on Valentine’s Day and The Voice star accepted. Take a look at the dazzling ring below! [People]
4. The Lego Movie continues to construct massive box office numbers. The buzzworthy animated film took in an estimated $63.5 million during the four-day holiday stretch, while the Kevin Hart led About Last Night debuted at number two pulling in a reported $28.5 million. [E Online]
5. Kendall Jenner and Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour made waves over the weekend when the two were spotted sitting together in the front row at the Topshop Unique show for London Fashion Week. Speculation abounds as to what, if any, significance this unusual pairing could have regarding Kim Kardashian’s rumored Vogue cover. Has the family finally cracked Wintour? [NY Mag]
6. Simon Cowell and girlfriend Lauren Silverman celebrated the birth of the newest member of their family over the weekend, baby Eric. “I never knew how much love and pride I would feel,” the proud papa tweeted along with an adorable photo of a cuddle session with his baby boy. [LA Times]
Will Ferrell and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Chad Smith Gear Up For Epic Drum Battle
Taylor Swift Sings Eminem’s ‘Lose Yourself’ and 8 More Surprising Celebrity Covers
Which Celebrity Couple Do You ‘Ship’?