TGI Friday, everybody! Celebrate the end of the week with some pop culture flavor. Miley Cyrus reveals her new ‘do, Sandra Bullock elects not to tell her son about her Oscar nomination, a new Veronica Mars spinoff is in the works and Vanessa Hudgens describes how she changed her appearance for a challenging new role. Those stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. The Miley Cyrus new hairstyle alert has been elevated to 98 — as in 1998. This new post from Cosmo suggests that Cyrus’ new style is reminiscent of the boy band fad of the late 90s early 00’s. Do you agree? [Cosmo]
2. We have yet another reason for you to adore Sandra Bullock. When asked if the Gravity star would share her recent Oscar nomination with her four-year-old son Louis, Bullock answered in the negative. “He doesn’t know what I do for a living. He just knows that Mom needs to get upstairs and get him dressed and that’s exactly the way it should be, “the star asserted. “It should be about his life, not mine. He doesn’t need the interruption of my vanity.” [Entertainment Weekly]
3. A Veronica Mars spinoff?! While we eagerly await Neptune’s favorite pint-sized private eye’s debut on the big screen, The CW announced plans for a Dick Casablancas themed web series. You may remember that Veronica’s dopey, yet oddly affable antagonist was played by Ryan Hansen. Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas is also said to be involved with the project. [Vulture]
4.In Vanessa Hudgens’ new movie Gimmie Shelter Hudgens plays a character by the name of Apple, a homeless 16-year-old mother-to-be who finds help at a suburban shelter. Glamorous it is not. Hudgens discussed her attempt to mold herself for the demanding role. “I put on 15 pounds, ate whatever I wanted. I’m not complaining. I cut off all my hair, which really set the tone. It was such a liberating thing and kinda reminded me—if I can do that, I can do this.” [E Online]
5. Zac Efron posted a heartfelt note of gratitude on his Facebook page to Kirby Koo, a fan the actor met during a recent trip to Facebook headquarters. “Kirby, I have so much more I want to say. And I will – when I find the words,” Efron wrote. “But I’ll start here – When you stood up, with such strength, and sincerity and gave me perhaps the nicest compliment I’ve been paid…it meant so much more than that to me.” [Just Jared]
6. Season 13 may prove to be an unlucky number for American Idol. The long-running reality series returned on Wednesday to its worst premiere ratings ever with 15 million views, which was a decrease of 23% from last year’s premiere. [Idolator]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
‘The Originals’ Or ‘Pretty Little Liars:’ Which Show Did You Watch?
Gabourey Sidibe Shuts Down Twitter Haters With Epic Tweet
Golden Globes 2014: 10 Best Dressed
CW Unveils Promos for ‘The 100′ & ‘Star-Crossed’ — Which New Show Will You Watch?