Happy Thursday! Today’s edition of celebrity headlines is filled with fashion secrets from the Golden Globes, a first look at Lena Dunham’s new Vogue magazine cover and One Direction star Liam Payne singing an apologetic tune. These stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 5 stories you need to read this morning:
1. One Direction’s Liam Payne apologized for posting a photo of himself posing precariously close to the edge of a London building. Payne sent out a tweet cautioning fans not to attempt to recreate his risky behavior adding, “It was a stupid and irresponsible thing to do. ” [USA Today]
You may have seen a photo of me today taken on top of a building. I regret being there and having a photo taken.—
Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) January 14, 2014
2. They say that there’s no such thing as bad press! Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga each received not-so-coveted Razzie nominations yesterday for their cinematic work in 2013. Gomez was nominated for Worst Actress for her role in Getaway, while Ms. Gaga received a Worst Supporting Actress nod for her performance in Machete Kills. [MTV]
3. Need more Lena Dunham after devouring the first two episodes of Girls season three? Dunham’s highly anticipated debut appearance on the cover of Vogue magazine was released yesterday next to a headline that crowns the prolific artist “The New Queen of Comedy.” [NY Magazine]
4. Hayden Panettiere decided to buck the traditional fashion etiquette of the Golden Globes and buy her stunning, $10,000 black-and-white Tom Ford gown “off the rack.” Fashion faux pas or stylistic bravery? “I feel sexy in it, I feel comfortable in it and I’m in Tom Ford. I would wear a plastic bag if it was designed by him,” the Nashville star said in an interview. Mr. Ford was so touched by Panettiere’s gushing remarks that he sent the fashion risk taker a bouquet of flowers. [Entertainment Weekly]
5. Shakira’s new single, “Can’t Remember to Forget You,” featuring Rihanna, is off to an impressive start vaulting into the top 20 of the Nielsen BDS-based Pop Songs and Latin Pop Songs building charts. You can listen to the single, the first off her forthcoming album due out March 25th, below. [Billboard]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
Golden Globes 2014: 10 Best Dressed
People’s Choice Awards 2014: ‘Voice’ Judges Reveal Secrets About Each Other During Acceptance Speech — WATCH
People’s Choice Awards 2014: Tim McGraw Thanks Fans For Favorite Country Music Icon Award — EXCLUSIVE VIDEO