Happy New Year’s Eve! Don’t you dare let your old acquaintances be forgot before taking a peek at our pop culture news of the day. Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato bond, Beyoncé continues to excite fans, and so much more in our morning edition of celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. “Cause we’re the three best friends that anybody could have.” Selena Gomez shared a facetime photo on her Instagram account over the weekend of an epic hangout session with Taylor Swift and Demi Lovato. “Just a Saturday night,” the “Come and Get it” singer wrote in the caption. “Taylor’s tea, Demi’s laugh. Honestly, can’t complain.” See the photo below. [NY Daily News]
2. If you were impressed with the super secret release of Beyoncé’s self-titled new album just wait until you hear this. Queen Bey admitted during her new YouTube video “Part 3 Run ‘N Gun” that there were a multitude of recorded songs that never made their way onto the album. “When I started picking the songs that I gravitated towards, because I recorded about 80 songs, it was the songs that were more effortless to me that stuck around, that I still loved just as much as I loved a year ago when I recorded them.” [US Magazine]
3. It appears as if a Fifty Shades Of Grey star won’t be keeping his day job. Luke Grimes, who was cast as Christian Grey’s brother, will not be returning to the HBO series True Blood according to TV Line. Grimes, who played brooding vampire James, asked to be let out of his contract after reading Season 7 scripts and being disappointed by the direction of his character. The role will reportedly be recast. [Deadline]
4. Kentucky basketball fans are pretty savvy. Josh Hutcherson attended a Kentucky basketball game this weekend to support of his hometown Wildcats, and the crowd reacted by giving Hutcherson a Hunger Games inspired Mockingjay Salute. [BuzzFeed]
5. Students at a Canadian high school proved just how inspirational music can truly be. To show their support for classmate Sophia Vlasman, a member of the school’s basketball and cheerleading squads who was recently diagnosed with cancer, the entire school banded together to create an uplifting video set to Katy Perry’s “Roar.” Take a look at this sincerely heartwarming video below. [People]
6. In less entertainment and more entertaining news,
June Emerson got more than she bargained for snapping a few photos of her 12-year-old twin sons surfing in Manhattan Beach, California on Friday. After uploading the snap, Emerson noticed what appears to be a (gulp) shark lurking in the waves. Talk about the ultimate photobomb! Check out the photo below. [Wiwb]
DISCUSS Love or Loathe? Kanye West’s Unique Christmas Gift for Kim Kardashian
Tim Gunn Reveals How To Find The Perfect New Year’s Eve Dress
Ross & Rachel vs. Chandler & Monica: Which couple had better on-screen chemistry?