Happy Monday! Let us help you bid adieu to 2013 with the very best in pop culture entertainment. Nina Dobrev drops it like it’s hot in a onesie, Britney Spears’ has nothing but praise for Justin Timberlake and we have the first photo of Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne in Gone Girl. These stories and more in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. In Christmas Dance Wars there are no losers, only winners. In case you missed it, Nina Dobrev spent her holiday break rocking out in a onesie. (I know, happy belated holidays to us all!) The Vampire Diaries star spent the holidays with her pals Julianne and Derek Hough, who apparently have an ongoing holiday dance feud with Extra host Maria Menounos. You do not want to miss Dobrev’s ingenious “Naughty and Nice” themed routine. [Entertainment Wise]
2. It’s an interview party in the N.Y.C! Miley Cyrus sat down with the New York Times for a compelling conversation in which she discussed how some celebrities may be a little hesitant to be associated with her. “I was backstage with [the rising pop star] Ariana Grande. I’m like, ‘Walk out with me right now and get this picture, and this will be the best thing that happens to you,’ because just you associating with me makes you a little less sweet,” Cyrus said. [NY Times]
3. Britney Spears had some nice things to say about ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake. Spears — who kicked off her Las Vegas residency this weekend (with Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez in the crowd cheering her on!) — named Beyonce, Lorde, Bruno Mars and yes, Timberlake (to name just a few) as musical inspirations. “Bruno Mars is so different and fresh, and Justin Timberlake is, too. It’s inspiring for me, and it makes people eager to listen to music, which helps everyone,” she said. [USA Today]
4. Broadway, maybe? “Call Me Maybe” singer Carly Rae Jepsen will shift from the concert stage to the bright lights of Broadway early next year when she steps into the title role of “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella.” Does the glass slipper fit? You’ll have to wait until February 4th when Jepsen begins her 12-week run to find out. [NYT]
5. “Like father like daughter.” That was the caption of Kim Kardashian’s Instagram photo that showcased matching Lamborghini sports cars for Kanye and North West. Despite the miniature size of the six month old’s new luxurious ride, North is quickly becoming the most stylish baby on the block. [People]
6. The film adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl just gave your imagination a break. Take a look at the first photo of future Batman Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne below. Gone Girl is scheduled to arrive in theaters October of 2014. [EW]
What’s your favorite headline from today?
‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ or ‘Home Alone’? What’s Your Favorite Holiday Movie? — DISCUSS Love or Loathe? Kanye West’s Unique Christmas Gift for Kim Kardashian
Taylor Swift Sings Eminem’s ‘Lose Yourself’ and 8 More Surprising Celebrity Covers — VIDEO