Happy Christmas Eve Eve! Make a list, check it twice then come right back here for your Monday morning headlines. A Harry Potter prequel is set to hit the London stage, Selena Gomez enjoys some personal time and Beyonce continues to amaze in today’s celebrity headlines!
Here are the 6 stories you need to read this morning:
1. After announcing plans to cancel the Australian leg of her tour, Selena Gomez is feeling good about her decision to take some personal time. “I’m the happiest I’ve been in a while.. So blessed and thankful for the future,” the “Come & Get It” singer wrote via Instagram. Gomez also released a statement on Friday apologizing to her fans for the cancellation. “After many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be,” Gomez stated. [People]
2. Harry Potter fans get ready to book your flight to London! J.K. Rowling is co-producing a Harry Potter play centered around the “the previously untold story of Harry Potter’s early years as an orphan and outcast.” The Chosen One is set to grace the London stage in 2015. [Deadline]
3. The reality of Beyonce is beginning to sound like the legend of Chuck Norris. The “Single Ladies” star surprised shoppers at a Tewksbury, Massachusetts Walmart by handing out $37,500 in gift cards to her fans. Queen Bey presented 750 customers with $50 dollar gift cards in envelopes that read, “Happy Holidays from Beyonce.” [Business Standard]
4. Two Vin Diesel headlines for the price of one. Vin Diesel announced — via his Facebook page — that the new official release date for Fast and Furious 7 will be April 10th, 2015. The release date, which was officially confirmed by Universal, was pushed back from its original July 11th, 2014 date after the tragic passing of star Paul Walker. In even more Vin Diesel news, it was announced by Marvel (not via Facebook) that Diesel will be the voice of Groot in next summer’s Guardians of the Galaxy set to open August 1st, 2014. [HitFix]
5. This is kind of a big deal. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug was victorious in the battle of sequels defeating Anchorman 2 at the box office this weekend $35.5 million to $26.8 million. [Vulture]
6. The Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake Christmas episode of Saturday Night Live certainly lived up to the hype on Saturday night. High profile guest hosts tend to attract celebrity cameos and the 2014 Christmas episode was no exception. Sir Paul McCartney joined Fallon during the monologue to sing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” Madonna impressed the normally irascible Barry Gibb during the Barry Gibb Talk Show and Mayor Bloomberg joined Fallon to chat about his future on Weekend Update. If you missed the episode you can visit Madonna’s Instagram since she apparently snapped a photo while acting in a sketch. [BuzzFeed]
What’s your favorite headline from today?