Paul Walker’s Death: ‘Fast & Furious’ Co-Stars React

By Josh Sorokach | 9:13 am on December 2, 2013
Image Credit: Tim P. Whitby/Getty

Image Credit: Tim P. Whitby/Getty

Fans and celebrities alike are still mourning the loss of Fast & Furious star Paul Walker, who was involved in a fatal car crash in Southern California over the weekend that tragically took the lives of Walker, 40, and the driver of the automobile, 38-year-old Roger Rodas.

While Walker got his start in Hollywood with supporting roles in films like Varsity Blues and She’s All That, it was his portrayal of Brian O’Conner in the popular Fast & Furious franchise that catapulted him to movie stardom and endeared the actor to a universal audience. He went on to star in five of the six films in the franchise and was in production for the seventh installment before his death.

It appears the affable star was as likeable off-screen as the characters he portrayed on-screen as his Fast & Furious co-stars have taken to social media to share their grief.

Dwayne Johnson

Jordana Brewster

Tyrese

Sung Kang

Ludacris

Gal Gadot

Universal Pictures, the studio that worked closely with Walker in The Fast and the Furious franchise as well as the 2000 film The Skulls, released a statement on Saturday regarding the actor’s death:

“All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the ‘Fast and Furious’ films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul’s family.”

1. Sandra says:

Rip beautiful angel, everytime I look at your gorgeous face. My eyes flood in tears đź’™ my heart goes out to his family

2. Anna Porter says:

It saddens me that we’ve lost a great talent and good man, but time heals all wounds, so we should remember him for the roles he played that inspired us. Requiescant in pace, Paul Walker, you will be sorely missed.

3. Arwa says:

I Love u very much paul.. Still in shock & devastated that u r no more.. heaven has surely gained a great angel.. May u rest in eternal peace :’(

4. ForeverSpn says:

This article is very painful! I cant believe I’m crying again, I so wrongly thought, I was over his death! (As far as the crying-part is concerned)
    But it just keeps on hurting more and more every second!
    I still wish this was some kind of a stunt and he still is alive! (wishful thinking I guess)
    He was my favourite movie actor, since forever!

5. Paul Walker was one of my many heroes, when my little sis told me that he was dead I cried for hours on end. Today, my step-dad told me one of Paul’s quotes. “If I die in a high speed accident, I don’t want you to cry for me, because I died with a smile on my face.” ~Paul Walker. That quote has made me smile, but then I come on here and I’m reminded of how much he was loved. Not just by his coworkers, or his family, but by his fans. So I just want to say RIP Paul Walker, you will always be remembered as one of the best men on Earth. #PaulWalkerShallLiveOnInOurHeartsForever #RIPpaulwalker

6. Sarah says:

Aww, so sad. </3 :(
    R.I.P Paul Walker, you will be missed! <3

7. Barbara says:

My heart goes out to all those who knew and loved him. I didn’t know him, but loved his movies and thought he was a very nice guy. I hope his charity will go on helping others in his name. The world is truly less bright with him not in it. He will be missed.

8. Elizabeth Rupe says:

wow he was an integral part of the fast and furious franchise as a matter of fact I watched because of his portrayal of Brian Conner he can drive way better then the criminals and his friendship with Dom was legendary. Shit I was hoping to see him grab cars when he was in his 90′s damn I’ll miss him RIP Paul.