Stop the presses! Before you cast your next People’s Choice Award vote for your favorite sci-fi/fantasy actor you need to do a little homework. Not homework homework. We don’t need you to learn the capital of Mississippi or find out who was the seventh President of the United States (one word two answers: Jackson!), but before we all cast our next vote let’s get to know our favorite sci-fi nominees just a little better.
The Walking Dead’s Andrew Lincoln
1. His original name is Andrew Clutterbuck.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay’s Chris Martin’s daughter, Apple Martin, served as the flower girl at his wedding.
3. Andrew Lincoln played “Mark” in the cult romantic classic Love Actually.
Which one was Mark again? Oh, that’s right. THIS GUY!
The Vampire Diaries’ Ian Somerhalder
1. Somerhalder began modeling at age 10, but he doesn’t like to talk about it because he doesn’t want people to think of him as being just another pretty face.
2. Somerhalder opened a reclaimed furniture shop named “Built of Barnwood” with his brother Bob where they build and sell pieces themselves.
3. Somerhalder and his siblings own a pizza parlor in Idaho.
Good looks and unlimited pizza? Is Ian Somerhalder Aladdin? Somebody search this guy for a magic lamp.
Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki
1. Padalecki has a quirky superstition: “Whenever I drive under a yellow light, I always kiss my finger and tap it on the roof of the car. And I do that when I get onto a plane as well!”
2. He’s so close with Supernatural co-star Jensen Ackles that he even calls his father Papa Ackles.
3. Padalecki and co-star Jensen Ackles were voted People Magazine’s “Sexiest Ghostbusters” in 2005.
But who were the “Sexiest Ghostbusters” from 2006-2013, People Magazine. WHO?!
Supernatural’s Jensen Ackles
1. Ackles had planned to study sports medicine at Texas Tech University and become a physical therapist but instead moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
2. Ackles is best friends with his Supernatural co-star Jared Padalecki. “It gives us the opportunity to make the relationship between Sam and Dean have credibility,” Ackles says of his relationship with Padalecki. “I think the audience feels how much Jared and I like being together.”
3. Ackles claims to be a “mad gummi fan” saying, “I always have Gummis in my trailer. But you can’t eat too many because then you get Gummi tummy, and that’s no good.”
Gummi tummy is not only an adorable expression, but it is also a phenomenal band name.
Arrow’s Stephen Amell
1. Amell just had a baby! His new daughter, Mavi Alexandra Jean Amell, was born on October 15th, 2013.
2. Amell attended an all boys private school called St. Andrew’s College located in Aurora, Ontario.
3. Apparently, Amell is a fan of the NBC series Parenthood.
It took me 17 episodes to realize that the Mom in Parenthood is Holly from Die Hard. I'm so ashamed. Also, Parenthood is awesome.—
Stephen Amell (@amellywood) October 29, 2013
Who do you think will take home the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor?
Selfie Named Word of the Year; Celebrate With These 10 Amazing Celebrity Selfies
Which Celebrity Couple Do You ‘Ship’? — DISCUSS
Which TV couple has the best on-screen chemistry?
People’s Choice Awards 2014 Nominations: FULL LIST of nominees