TGIF! Our exclusive Friday scoop is anything but vanilla. We have news on Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and One Direction, plus an exclusive first look at the new season of the HBO series Girls! All that and more in today’s headlines!
Here are the 6 entertainment headlines you can’t miss today:
1. Jennifer Lawrence: Life coach? Two months after his engagement to Miley Cyrus ended, Liam Hemsworth told the Associated Press that he feels “more centered and grounded than I’ve ever been.” The Hunger Games: Catching Fire star credits his new found clarity to surfing, kickboxing—and his Hunger Games co-star Jennifer Lawrence. “For a few years I went down a path where I forgot to be in the moment and enjoy the moment,” Hemsworth admitted. “But being around someone like Jen, who is so honest and laughs all day long, I am forced to be in the right now. I’m much happier.” [People]
2. It’s a Wonderful…er Life? Not likely. Plans for the proposed sequel to the iconic 1946 holiday classic have hit a snag. “No project relating to It’s a Wonderful Life can proceed without a license from Paramount,” the studio noted. “To date, these individuals have not obtained any of the necessary rights, and we would take all appropriate steps to protect those rights.” The idea for a proposed sequel has been mostly met with public outrage. “I don’t know if they have a title yet, but if not, I have a suggestion. I would call it ‘It’s a Terrible Idea,'” joked Jimmy Kimmel. [ABC News]
Next: Miley Cyrus is taking over MTV, One Direction’s Liam Payne on The X Factor return and more…
3. It’s an engagement ring showdown! Whitney Port followed in the footsteps of her recently engaged former Hills co-star Lauren Conrad as she announced her own engagement to boyfriend Tim Rosenman. Which fashion star has the most stylish engagement ring? You be the judge! [E]
4. Miley Cyrus is getting quite the birthday present from MTV. The network is celebrating the pop star’s 21st birthday with an 8 hour all-Miley programming block. Miley herself will host the event, which kicks off with the new special “21 Candles: Miley’s MTV Moments.” Where do we RSVP? [MTV]
5. Sony Pictures has revealed plans to create a series of spin-off films based around The Amazing Spider-Man. Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal revealed the company will tap into Spider-Man’s wealth of allies and villains, which include Green Goblin and Venom, to create the spin-offs. Take a look at Spider-Man’s current nemesis below. [Metro]
6. One Direction’s Liam Payne admitted that it’s “quite strange” to be back performing on the reality series X Factor. Payne disclosed that the experience obviously differs from when they headed to the top on the U.K. version of the hit competition series. “You kind of know what the contestants go through and know what to expect next also,” Payne remarked. “You know all the emotions they’re going through.” [People]
Which story is your favorite?
Lady Gaga says Glamour cover was ‘too beautiful,’ Miley Cyrus plays an alien and more…
Adam Levine Might be Named ‘People’s Sexiest Man Alive;’ 6 Surprising Stars Yet to Land the Honor
Taylor Swift: ‘I Only Write Songs About Crazy Love’
The 5 Most Heartwarming Moments From Make-A-Wish Foundation’s BatKid takeover