Jamie Dornan chats, Tom Hiddleston sings and Jean-Claude Van Damme… splits? That’s right, those stories and more lead our first clicks of the day!
Here are the 6 entertainment headlines you can’t miss today:
1. Fifty Shades of Grey star Jamie Dornan is approaching his highly anticipated role as Christian Grey rationally, reports Entertainment Weekly. “I certainly don’t fear it,” Dornan said during his exclusive EW interview. But what does the actor fear? Snakes, escalators, clowns? Your guess is as good as ours. Dornan did discuss the Fifty Shades audition process as well as the increased attention he’s receiving from the paparazzi. “I’ve been around it before and it’s ugly, but I’m glad I’m 31 and not 21, and married. I feel very settled. I’m not running in and out of clubs at 5 a.m. anymore.” [EW]
2. If you woke up wondering what Jean-Claude Van Damme was up to these days… you’re in luck! A video of the action star performing a split between two MOVING Volvo trucks debuted on Wednesday and has already accumulated more than 8 million views on Youtube — and only about a million or so of those views are from us. Watch below as Van Damme performs “the most epic of splits.” [USA Today]
Next: Tom Hiddleston sings “Stand By Me,” it costs THIS much to buy everything in Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop gift guide, and more…
3. Fans of hilarity rejoice! Fresh off his impressive stint filling in for Jon Stewart as the world’s funniest substitute teacher on The Daily Show, John Oliver is joining HBO to star in his own Sunday evening satirical news show. “I’m incredibly excited to be joining HBO,” Oliver said, “especially as I presume that means I get free HBO now.” No word yet if Oliver plans to let you borrow his HBO Go password. [Contactmusic]
4. Sorry, men of the internet, but you weren’t voted People Magazine’s Sexy Man of the Week. That honor went to former Felicity and current Scandal star Scott Foley as he beat out Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, the entire male ensemble of the movie 21 Jump Street and presumably every male on planet earth to capture the elusive yet sexy title. “I never considered myself sexy, but I’ll take it!” said Foley. Wow. Is he People Magazine’s Humble Man of the Week too? You’ll get ‘em next week, fellas. [People]
5. If you’re in need of a Friday pick-me-up…we have a clip of Tom Hiddleston singing “Stand By Me” on the German series Stars in Cars. Sing along with the clip below! [BuzzFeed]
6. Got an extra $23,066.92 handy? If we’re to believe the mathematical acumen of our friends at E!, you’d need approximately $23,066.92 to purchase the entirety of Gwyneth Paltrow’s GOOP Holiday Gift Guide. Do you know how many slices of pizza we could buy with $23,066.92? Probably about 23,065. Gotta leave enough money for a bottle of water. [E!]
Which story is your favorite?