‘Castle’ premiere react: Were you satisfied? (Spoilers ahead!)

By Nuzhat Naoreen | 9:24 am on September 24, 2013
Courtesy of ABC

Courtesy of ABC

If you haven’t seen the premiere episode of Castle, you may want to bookmark this post and come back to it later. For those of you have, keep reading below…

Would Beckett accept Castle’s marriage proposal? That’s the question fans grappled with all summer, and last night they finally got an answer: She said yes! But don’t start singing “here comes the bride” just yet. Beckett may be ready to get married, but she’s still moving to D.C.

Can the two make a long-distance engagement work? We’d like to think so, but in an interview with EW, exec producer Andrew Marlowe expertly skirted the question. “I do not know if there will be a wedding this year,” Marlowe told EW. “Actually, I know. I know if there will be a wedding this year.

Do you think there will be a wedding this year? And how do you feel about this latest twist in the Castle-Beckett romance? Were you hoping for a happy ending? Or are you excited to see them try and work through some angst? (Also, can we discuss the fact that Castle has been exposed to a life threatening toxin? That can’t be good…). Sound off below.

1. beatriz says:

eu gosto muito tudo na serie e bom!

2. Inkheart says:

I loved the premiere episode! Castle is the only show which allows the leading couple to remain solidly together and I think that is why so many people tune in. We are all sick of other shows with their will they won’t they attitudes. With this show I tune in thinking what will Castle do next? Haha. And I for one am never disappointed.
    I loved that Beckett said yes, and I love that Castle randomly shows up in DC to surprise her. I also loved the shocking twist at the end of the episode!
    One thing I do think is that Beckett will probably end up back at the precinct, as she is not one to follow the rules, and will probably get kicked out if not next episode by trying to save Castle – then pretty soon.
    I love the Beckett, Castle, Ryan and Esposito dynamic and I cross my fingers that they will be re-united again soon. I don’t think they can stay out of trouble for long, haha!

LOVED the premiere!

3. Lea says:

I was extremely satisfied with the start of the new season for Castle. The banter between Castle and Beckett was a great as ever, loved the ease they had with each other at home too and on the phone, and Castle just can’t stay out of trouble as usual. This was the perfect way to get the new season off and running. I am very excited about this season of Castle.

4. g2-e092b643d91a1475159c0c3d771540dc says:

LOVED every second of it!!!! The Caskett interaction this entire ep is what i have been begging for! The natural intimacy of the i love yous, kisses goodbye, hand holding- things we didn’t get last season really, hope they keep it up! They looked like a couple in love!! Not to mention the fiancé word being used continuously :)!! They genuinely seemed open with each other. LOVED IT!! again, keep it up all season!

Oh, and I’m a spoilerfree so I had no idea it was gonna be TBContinued!! Is it Monday yet!!??

I think this was the best Castle premiere yet!!!

5. Cookystarr says:

IT WAS AWESOME !
    I loved it from the second it started until the end. Beckett has loosen up, there were Caskett scenes, great guest stars, an incredible story line and a heart stopping cliffhanger. Great season premiere !

6. FarawayRose says:

Perfect is perfect. Not a single comma to change ! Loved it ! It managed to be both charming, funny as well as thrilling, intense and gripping. And what a genius idea to make it a two-parter ! I’ve been glued to my TV set since ! When’s next Monday ???

7. loulou says:

Great episode!!Great show!

8. JoanFromGreece says:

i want to say that season premiere of CASTLE was..FREAKING AWESOME !!! first of all,she said yes!! i liked the new entrances in the show, eventhough i look forward to seeing Gates and Lanie. ;) Can’t wait for part 2 !!!

9. atggirl says:

The show is awesome! The beginning of season 6 is a great change but I think it will return to the old dynamic to some degree. I don’t think Beckett will stay in D.C. Beckett will break all of the rules and some of the laws to find the antidote for Castle.

10. I loved it. Beckett is funnier and Castle is cheekier and their relationship is somehow greater. Honestly I enjoy the old dynamic but it works. The style and feel is different to the show but it’s a good change. Bring on the rest of the season.

11. It was amazing, a little different from the original episodes but I like the new character but kind of prefer the old dynamic and structure of episodes. But the character were funny, she said yes, and Beckett and Castle’s relationship is some how greater. Beckett is so funny and Castle is just as cheeky.

12. xinyin says:

I am about to positively die from this premiere. It was a PERFECT season premiere; all the shocks and laughs in all the right places. All the non-twists and all the twists.

I’m really hoping another twist will happen and that Castle does not die, because, you know, he’s CASTLE. He can’t just leave Beckett. And YES. There will be a wedding. If Castle doesn’t die, that is.

I’m looking forward to the next episode!

13. xinyin says:

I’m looking forward to the next episode!