As you know, voting is in full swing for the 2013 People’s Choice Awards. Your votes have been pouring in since last week’s press conference and we have only just begun. As my colleague mentioned on Friday, for the next few days we will be diving head first into the Favorite Movie Actor category, to shine some light on the stellar male performers. Today’s star is none other than GQ cover model, SNL Host, and star of 4 movies in 2012, Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
From kicking butt as Blake in The Dark Knight Rises to redefining how we look at Bruce Willis in Looper, JGL had a career-making year in 2012. Maybe it’s just me, but when Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan, Rian Johnson, and David Koepp are hiring you for their projects, you must be doing something right. So, fans, take a look at Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s resume – you’ll see what I’m talking about.
The Dark Knight Rises, July 20, 2012
Director: Christopher Nolan
- Starred in the second highest grossing film of 2012.
- Helped save Manhattan from nuclear destruction.
- Rediscovered the bat cave
Looper, September 28, 2012
Director: Rian Johnson
- Contributed to the overall appeal of a movie that generated over 60 million dollars in domestic sales.
- Endured 3 hours of daily make-up to look like a younger, much better looking version of Bruce Willis.
- Saved the future world from destruction.
Gentleman’s Quarterly, August 1, 2012
- Brought back the three-button suit.
- Contributed to my summer hairstyle choice.
- Earned the title of “Boy Wonder” by GQ’s lead writer.
Premium Rush, August 24, 2012
Director: David Koepp
- Made being a bike messenger cool.
- Advocated green technologies and bike lanes.
Saturday Night Live, September 23, 2012
- Out danced everyone from Magic Mike.
- Proved more interesting than the most interesting man in the world
Lincoln, November 9, 2012
Director: Steven Spielsberg
- Played the son of President Abraham Lincoln (need I say more?)
Clearly Joseph Gordon-Levitt deserves his nomination this year. Don’t expect JGL to fall from grace in 2013. He is already in post-production of Don Jon’s Addiction, a film he wrote, directed, and stars in alongside Scarlett Johansson, Julianne Moore and Brie Larson, and we all know he will be a part of the next Batman reboot.
The Dark Knight Rises