Your David Archuleta Free Download is Here

By People's Choice | 8:34 am on October 25, 2010

I love the end of American Idol. The end part that is, because then you’ve gotten past all the folks who didn’t fare too well in their efforts, and now you get to watch the trailblazing, tear-inducing, mascara-wearing, hometown-mobilizing, glassware-shattering voices who will hopefully land a place in history. Or at least in our collective hearts. And today, I’d like to discuss one of the more appealing players on that stage. David Archuleta: American Idol runner-up, singer extraordinaire, bestselling author, tremendous go-to guy when it comes to bringing awareness to those in need, and all around whopping talent is now er, back. With a brand new album — this makes three records so far  (nor is he yet twenty. Way to pave the way  for the rest of us, Dave…) Anyway – if you’re not yet a fan, you’re probably about to become one. For two reasons. First) you’re going to get a David Archuleta song download for free, right here and right now. And second) you’ll play the free song at which point it may very well dawn upon you that this kid has, in fact, one terrific set of pipes. This is exactly what happened to me. I walked right into it. Who am I to turn down free music? And the less I know the better. Turns out, honestly, that free download was actually worth every penny. It’s called Something ‘Bout Love from the album The Other Side of Down, and he’s kind of astonishing. And, from what I can tell unusually genuine and down-to-earth for someone so young. That One/Two process with the freebie worked for me because I was late to the Idol game and didn’t actually get caught up in the madness til Adam Lambert and Kris Allen battled it out the following year. I didn’t know from David Archuleta. So when I got the download I was happy to listen, had zero expectation, and was entirely unprepared for what this 19-year old would deliver.  Now here’s the deal: if you’re among the first thousand (1000) PCA members – you can join on the spot  too – you get to click and presto, you get the free song. If you’re already a fan, you needn’t have even read this far – just one click and David Archuleta’s latest download’s yours – just for the clicking.  They say there’s no such thing as free lunch, but this comes rather close.  Now, for today’s poll let’s take a look at four other popular Idol runners-up. Voice your choice in today’s featured poll and tell us which of these other second place Idol finishers (besides David Archuleta) is your favorite:

1)    Clay Aiken

2)    Katharine McPhee

3)    Adam Lambert

4)    Crystal Bowersox

1. Fantastic conquer! I must apprentice although you modify your site, how to join to get a weblog web-site? This bank account aided us a suitable package. I have been previously a small amount knowledgeable of your ones sent out offered glistening clear idea

2. Hello there, just simply turned mindful of your web site by way of The search engines, and discovered it’s mostly absolutely useful. I’m going to be careful pertaining to the city. We’ll value if you continue on this in the future. Various other individuals could be took advantage of your creating. Regards!

3. We appreciate you the auspicious writeup. It actually once were the recreational consideration the item. Look complex to be able to much more presented reasonable from you! Furthermore, exactly how could we all continue some sort of distance learning?

4. My brother suggested I would maybe like that website. This individual appeared to be solely right. The following organize actually built my day time. You cannot think about merely how a bunch moment I had created expended with this information and facts! Appreciate it!

5. Hello People! Just wanted to tell you that I found tickets to American Idols Live event on Jul 19th. In this webpage you can find tickets for other dates too. It’s awesome their performance on stage, this is my third time and I’m still so excited about listening those guys live! On this page you can see the section where you’re buying the ticket, so it’s very recommended! Good luck!!

6. Geri Taulbee says:

Hello People! Just wanted to tell you that I found tickets to American Idols Live event on Sep 09th. In this site you can find tickets for other dates too. It’s astonishing their performance on stage, this is my fourth time and I’m still so excited about listening those guys live! On this page you can see the section where you’re buying the ticket, so it’s very recommended! Enjoy!!

7. TrudyFOD says:

Great article…yes…I hope some day everyone comes to realize how talented, amazing and giving David Archuleta is. David is just awesome! I’ve been a fan since American Idol — David’s “Imagine” just blew me away…and David’s latest album “The Other Side of Down” really shows how much David has grown musically and is willing to take chances and do the music that really moves him…and it really comes across how genuine he really is.

8. gabriela says:

Thank you soooo much for the download ^^!!!! Yes, David´s TALENT is beyond his years and we all love him so much. Hopefully everybody else will see it once they get mesmerized by the Archuleta :D.

9. Virtue says:

There’s many wonderful singers out there, but I think David Archuleta is the best singer I’ve listened to in my lifetime!

10. AlmondThud says:

David Archuleta has great vocal skills, his voice sounds like honey, his eyes are utterly beautiful, his smiles melt my heart, his heart is golden, his soul is pure, his dancing moves are cute, sometimes his tweets make me laugh uncontrollable and his new album “The Other Side of Down” has great lyrics that can cheer everyone up!!

11. Irrelevant says:

Thanks for the download. Think this guy is a tremendous talent and is going to be around for a long time. A breath of fresh air in the pop world.

12. Amy (in VA) says:

Yup, David Archuleta is the real deal. He has the talent, the musicality and the spirit to hook you and never let you go. Just enjoy the ride! It is bliss! Oh, and one more thing, NOBODY does a live show like David! Check him out and his new awesomeage cd “The Other Side of Down!”

13. canadianarchie says:

Thank you!!! David Archuleta is the MOST AMAZING SINGER!!!

14. Vanessa says:

He’s songs are AMAZING!!! :)

15. BruceOCz says:

I’ll stress again we voted @DavidArchie in everything we pick up on the net or other sources, since AI 2007 and after (as devoted and focused fans) – The free d/load is only a bonus – maybe it’s by geographical locations I can’t get it – that is not the reason.

Anyway, am just waiting patiently for his latest (3rd CD) to hit the ‘record rack’ in our shores… I’ve both his earlier 2 CDs and his book ‘The Chord of Strength’…

Honestly even if I get free d/load of the others, I wouldn’t want them… Just DEAL with that, I won’t tell anyone who they should vote for, it’s a freedom of choice… (Does People’s Choice, says anything to some, I do wonder?) Just vote don’t make baseless accusations… :P

16. Gerald says:

Seems to me if a free download is available for David, there should be a free download for the other Idols in the running – Bowersox, Aiken and Lambert. Otherwise, David’s getting an unfair advantage – people will vote for him just to get a free download; and, it unfairly brings out the David fans en masse without offering a similar voting incentive to fans of the other artists.

Talk about Totally slanting a poll.

17. Lina says:

David Archuleta from his first note has always been my favorite….singer, not just runner-up, not just American Idol performer, but my favorite of all time singer ever!!!
    I do like all the other runner-ups as well, some way more than the American Idol of their season, but no runner-up and no American Idol winner comes close to how much I feel about David Archuleta!!! I wish the best for him always, as he is such a lovely sweet person also.

18. BruceOCz says:

I can’t seem to get a free d/load – but d/load or none – it’s still David Archuleta, the best talent to be on AI and out now commercially…

19. sweetcarolina says:

david is awesome he has a beautiful voice and his eyes wow!!! something ’bout love is a wonderful song i really like it!!!!

20. Sandy says:

Sorry this is cheating. All the others should have free downloads also to make it fair.

21. Katheryn says:

David Archuleta is indeed extraordinary. Glad you discovered him, Liz, and thanks for writing such a nice review.

22. angel50 says:

David Archuleta. Today! Tomorrow! ALWAYS! LOL!

23. Mary says:

David Archuleta is the most talented contestant to ever emerge from American Idol in my opinion. As someone with vocal training and simply as an appreciative listener, I was immediately drawn into watching his season in order to see and hear a musical genius. I’m delighted to say that his talent continues to grow, and he’s still years away from reaching his vocal peak. I encourage everyone to buy his music. The day will come when you’ll be able to brag that you bought his first albums because you were smart enough to recognize a musical prodigy when you saw/heard one!

24. JHM says:

I have to agree with most of the sentiments here, David Archuleta is like no other young artist out there when it comes to vocal ability (stunning), connection with music (amazing) and a beautiful heart and soul to match. Have been a fan from day one and always will be. I have just never heard any young artist sing with such a beautiful voice and tone. He gets right to the heart of the matter with whatever he is singing and you feel it all.
    The others in the poll are all talented but don’t grab me like David A. does. I guess I would choose Clay for his singing ability out of those four but Katherine would be up there too.

25. Siena says:

David’s my favorite of all artists, not just AI. And he had three successful tours already and will be touring again soon. New cd just came out. He’s amazing live btw! Hopefully another Christmas/regular cd combo tour!

26. ana J. says:

Aside From David Archuleta,I like Adam lambert.

27. Cindy says:

David Archuleta has an amazing new album out. The songs show off so many different tones of his voice, and each one is heartfelt, just like David. I am very impressed with his 3rd album!

28. lily says:

i don’t mind archuleta, think he is a nice kid but i don’t get it, he does well when it comes to polls but he does not have a smash hit and rarely hear him doing tours. there’s something wrong here.

29. Angel says:

Is it just me ? I am assuming that all Archies must have something in common. A caring and softhearted people! We became a fan of David Archuleta not only because of his musical talent but because of his amazing deep rooted personality as well. He always makes me smile and gets my humble heart down to the ground. Lots of amazing singers out there but there is always a missing piece in them which I can only see in the person of David Archuleta.

30. wendie says:

adam lambert has to be the winner ! no one else even comes close !

31. violet4ever says:

chicharita – the underlined word “click” in the article will lead to a login to the Peoples Choice site (where you can login or create an account) and then the first 1000 get the download.

32. violet4ever says:

David Archuleta is my favorite Idol contestant ever. But so many of the runner-ups have been stellar. Clay Aiken has a gorgeous voice, Adam Lambert for his flamboyant style and voice, Katherine McPhee for her originality and style, and Crystal Bowersox because she reminds me of some of the great female folk-blues-rock stars of the late 60′s and 70′s.

33. ncgirlmarylee says:

David Archuleta didn’t have to win to be a winner! This young man is absolutely AMAZING! Not only is he super talented, he is also a beautiful & caring human being always looking for ways to help those less fortunate. He has worked tirelessly since his time on Idol. It’s been a distinct pleasure to follow his career and watch him grow artistically and personally. I’ve met him on on three different occasions & can assure you..what you see is what you get! Keeping it “real” is the way he rolls. I am truly blessed to be one of his archangels. Thank you, David!

34. chicharito says:

anyone can help me???
    i love archie so so much but how can i get the free download?

35. StephDanielle says:

There’s just no one like David Archuleta, a truly amazing human being with incredible talent! His new cd “The Other Side Of Down” is absolutely fantastic, check it out! David wrote 10 of the 12 songs on this album, LOVE IT!! :)

36. TrudyFOD says:

David Archuleta is just amazing and I love his latest album called “The Other Side of Down” — I will be a fan of David’s forever!

37. Patti Adams says:

I’m like everyone else here. I can’t even place a vote because those other names mean nothing to me as people or as singers. David Archuleta is so talented so genuine and real, so extraordinary, so adorable and so much fun to watch in concerts, well, he just surpasses anyone out there right now.

38. lct says:

I’m sorry but no one is in the same level as David Archuleta!

39. Trish says:

I already have Something Bout Love, but great article.

40. suttygal says:

Absolutely love David Archuleta’s voice, his music, and who he is as a person. Watched AI since it’s inception. Never voted until David A. and I’ll never vote again. For me, no one will ever compare!:) Not sure who I’d choose from your list. The finale between Carrie U. and Bo Bice was wonderful; I may have picked him if he’d been on your list. Thanks!

41. johnmusic says:

The more you know about Archuleta, the deeper you will get into him. Because he’s one thoughtful, sensitive, sincere and pure soul who wants to spread only positive influence of music. The songs from his new album show exactly where he is at, in his 19 years of life. He appreciates his life so far(Good place), wants to move forward(The Other Side of Down), tries to make significant decisions in life(Elevator), still searching for his kind of love(My kind of perfect). Can’t wait for what’s ahead in his creative music endeavor.

42. Joner says:

I love David Archuleta’s voice and they way he interprets songs. He is such a gifted artist and we haven’t even scratched the surface on the musical possibilities he has to offer.

43. bjm says:

I love David Archuleta!! He is such an amazing singer, human being and (oh, yeah!) he is great to look at!!

44. Pascalee says:

Thanks for the wonderful article about David! The 4 runner ups listed are all quite talented, but none of them grabbed me either.

45. Ashley says:

I love this article! So true! David’s amazing <3

46. VaBeachArchie says:

David is a extrodinary talent and human being…that’s what makes him so special!! Pure class!!

47. ray says:

i have to agree with meme

48. Sharon says:

Yes…David is like “discovering a gem”! He is an amazingly talented singer and songwriter, with an unbelievably beautiful heart! To know of David is to love David.

Thank you for the great article…taking the time to really listen and hear…not only David’s voice, but his heart as well! They work in unison!

49. bebereader says:

I have to agree with meme. None of the others, whether runners up or winners come close to the talent of David Archuleta.

50. meme says:

Clay Aiken would be my next favorite, but David Archuleta is miles above not only the runners up but also all the winners.

Continuing the Discussion

1. People’s Choice: Albumkritik, Umfragen, Awards & kostenlose Downloads « David Archuleta Fans Germany linked to this post on October 27, 2010

[...] Albumkritik gibt es auf blog.PeoplesChoice.com oder hier zum [...]