Canceled TV: What Would You Bring Back?

By People's Choice | 8:40 am on July 20, 2010

Well, the good news is that one my absolute favorite recently-canceled shows (I could only keep that TV-free Thirtysomething silent vigil going for so long before tuning in again) is officially back. But before we address, let’s get into another topic we’ve avoided discussing nearly as emphatically as Snooki and the Situation: anti-aging. The plastic surgery, the injections, and other expensive ways we stave off the inevitable onslaught of young adulthood. Now, I personally have nothing against people who spend their heard-earned dollars to a) have a tighter smile, b) have someone else’s nose, or c) look startled during all waking hours. It’s none of my beeswax really, and furthermore, if it makes them happy, so be it. And furtherfurthermore,  it’s their cash. I’m pretty sure I’ve met plenty of people who utilize all manner of product and procedure, and it’s certainly not my place to criticize. Plus I’m sure they are that much lovelier/handsomer for it. However, I do wonder about children doing it and the parents/guardians who think it’s such a neat idea. Case in point, teen-aged Filipino singing sensation Charice Pempengco who  — in prepping to appear on Glee — has just undergone an “anti-aging” procedure and injections of Botox  in order to “look fresh for the camera” (that’s what her publicist is calling it). See, reportedly the Botox is “absolutely not cosmetic” because in fact, it’s “for muscle pain in her jaw.” Does this mean we are going to see a spate of youngsters racing into plastic surgeons’ offices for muscle pain relief? And shouldn’t  there be some kind of line drawn when it comes to the tweens and teens? Or is it too late? Did I miss where Botox became the new              WackyPack/Furby/Add-a-Bead/Uggs/Ipod Must Have Feature? As always, I’ll be tuning into Glee and at the very least, they better have done a good job sprucing that kid up. Now let’s talk about resuscitated TV shows because      there’s a very, very good one that’s managed to acquire a new lease on life. It’s Damages and after three seasons FX canceled it, but now the word is that via a new deal it’s going to air on DirecTV for at least two more seasons. Plus they’ll also re-air the first three seasons of the Emmy-winner. Which is fantastic news if you’re a fan of the show (like me) and slightly-less-than-fantastic news if you don’t have DirecTV (like me). But the point is, it’s back, and Glenn Close and Rose Byrne will return as two of the savvier and more venal attorneys ever to hit the little screen in what is genuinely one of the best dramas out there. So bravo to more Damages. Now, with this in mind, let’s take a look at a few other shows whose cancellations bummed more than a few people out. Voice your choice in today’s featured poll and let us know which of these canceled shows you’d most like to see brought back:
1)    Moonlight
2)    The Ghost Whisperer
3)    Pushing Daisies
4)    The New Adventures of Old Christine

1. Emilie says:

MOONLIGHT!!! I just watched the whole season over again this past week. I miss it dearly and I think it is so true when I hear people say that it was “ahead of its time.” If it had come out a couple years later, I bet the ratings would be very high, and they still can be if it is brought back! <3

2. sandy says:

dirty sexy money for sure. i just discovered it this summer and finsihed all the season over the course of a week! its a complete addiction but the show was just amazing and just getting started! DIRTY SEXY MONEY needs to be brought back

3. beth says:

bring back dirty sexy money its a great show abc r idiots for not listenin to the public, i just recently caught this show on e4 andi cant get over how great it was and now im just gutted that there are no more episodes for me to watch it totally sucks bring it back!!!!

4. bryana says:

PLEASE! i would love it if moonlight was brought back! my family and friends also follow through with it, and we miss it. there are 32 people that i know and i am their words, and they would all love to see moonlight again, even if it means repeats, but new episodes would be great!

5. kate says:

PUSHING DAISIES undoubtedly.

6. Ash says:

BRING BACK “DIRTY SEXY MONEY” I LOOOOOOOVE THAT SHOW! BRING IT BACK!!!

7. Moonlight fan says:

MOONLIGHT …. I wish they would bring it back.
    Excellent show – Should never have been canceled.

8. judyALBERT says:

Moonlight cancelled before its time award .. PCA award …Saturn award …
    The series cries for a movie let’s hope WB ad CW thinks so too ..

9. Deb F. says:

Ghost Whisperer! No! I didn’t know it was canceled! And I liked Ugly Betty, too! Network execs don’t know what the viewers like!

10. MariaMoonlight says:

Moonlight of course.. it did not deserve to be canceled. My heart will never give up on it coming back but then I believe in miracles.

11. Judy says:

MOONLIGHT!!!! CBS was soooo stupid, they were ahead of the trend and blew it. Then there was Jerico, another CBS screw up.

12. Goof says:

How could they forget Flash Forward? There is a HUGE fan effort to try to bring that show back!!!

13. Pete says:

Wow, am I the only one pissed that they cancelled Heroes? Really, Ugly Betty? That show sucked. Why not complain that they continue to air crap and cancel the good shows.

14. Ann43 says:

Misty, you are so right. The fans have not given up. I know for a fact that there are a huge amount of new fans than when it first aired thanks to SyFy, Chiller and the CW. All these new fans are the young Vampire Diaries and Twilight fans. They want to know when season 2 will air. Remakes never make it. It’s proven time and time again whenever they try to remake a classic tv series. So, Alex may be available sooner than later. Let’s keep writing in to WB and showing our support. Moonlight must have been something special if it is still being talked about and making new fans after two years.

15. cristina says:

Don’t understand why they cancelled Moonlight, The Forgotten,New Amsterdam,Dirty Sexy Money, Ugly Betty, and Journeyman. These shows were great. It had great story and very good acting. Now we are stuck with a lot of reality garbage.

16. Rebecca says:

Ghost Whisperer and what sucks is I didn’t even know it was canceled.

17. BECKY says:

dirty sexy money

18. Misty says:

Moonlight is my all time favorite show! I’m still sad and angry that it was cancelled! Although Alex O’Loughlin has signed on to do Hawaii Five-0, the fans shouldn’t give up on Moonlight altogether! There are still a lot of Moonlight fans writing in to try to get a Moonlight Movie! Moonlight won the People’s Choice Award in 2008, the fans loved Moonlight as a series, how about a big screen movie? VSRRR!

19. amr30 says:

24-should have never been cancelled in the first place.

20. Sunshine says:

MOONLIGHT..I see all the Episodes .But Alex get a new Show Hawaii 5-0. So I got no Hope Moonlight is comming back.

21. Marsha says:

I LOVED Pushing Daisies. And I watch Moonlight any chance I can find it. But Alex has moved onto Hawaii 50, so the chances of Moonlight coming back would seem to be nil.

22. Debbie G. says:

How about John Doe?

23. Jamie says:

How about bringing back Firefly? (Or at least making a few more movies like “Serenity”…)