AMA Noms: Part 2: Which Lady Do You Prefer?

By People's Choice | 5:40 am on October 15, 2009
Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift

Wow …it’s good to see you guys have your minds made up regards a favorite male performer for the American Music Awards (coming November 22).

Now regardless of whether you selected  Michael Jackson, T.I. or Eminem,  in related news, the late Michael Jackson continues to do huge business across the boards — and around the world.   In fact, according to recent reports MJ’s  concert movie “This Is It” has  already booked more than 1,600 sold-out U.S. show times… plus several ticket outlets say he is their top movie seller of the week  (we’re going to talk about goodies like Where the Wild Things Are tomorrow). The King Of Pop is continuing his reign.

Now, back to the AMAs. And, as promised it’s time to consider the ladies …as in which gals nominated for best  female performer you think should take home the trophy. Remember, we’re just wondering here about the pop and rock category, so if you wanted to weigh in on Reba McIntire or Carrie Underwood, just sit tight and we’ll get to them in a few.  Now voice your choice in today’s featured poll and let us know which lady’s your fave.

1) Beyonce

’2) Lady Gaga

3) Taylor Swift

1. Hello People! Just wanted to tell you that I bought tickets to the Taylor Swift concert on Oct 21stFri. In this webpage you can find tickets for other dates too. It’s amazing Taylor and his band performance, this is my third time and I’m still so excited about listening him live! On this page you can see the section where you’re buying the ticket, so it’s very recommended!

2. sean says:

love charice…nobody singin with me…all i can say is wow…

3. echo says:

5 – star for all season
    4 – rising star
    3 – morning star
    2-1- falling star

charice is no.5 star for all season…Pyramid…like solid rock…like a pyramid….love yah…all singer …

4. gem says:

안녱하세요, charice …no. 1 in korea…not just in U.S but also in asia…this is the real peoples choice..annyong

5. eric says:

nothings compare with charice….

6. it is a bit sad that this beautiful and talented Rihanna would fall in love with an a-hole like chris brown~`*

7. Caleb Green says:

I am a die hard fan of Rihanna, i love her hair, i love her voice and i love her body. *

8. singles love says:

Hi there, I often read your blog.I love it, you speak about anything from sport, news, entertainment, adult topics or simply general topics. Cultivate the great work. Perhaps you have contemplated blogging for money? there exists a web site http://www.christian-love.net/ that pays you to write articles, you’d probably be proficient at it.

9. mik says:

BEYONCE..only because she’s the modern day Michael Jackson. She has made many many more records, and achieved mush more than the other ladies..plus she is an ICON.

10. chris says:

Kelly Clarkson is the most talented and versatile singer of the decade, and you didn’t even put her on the ballot for “Favorite Female Artist”. I am disgusted with your process!!!!!!

11. nel14 says:

none of the above! for me it’s charice! she’s the best live singer of the century! she’s “THE ONE”. This gurl will be making history. watch out 2010 charice is going to rock the world!

12. Ciji says:

Rihanna of course because she is the only besides lady gaga on that list bring something new to the table. Rihanna’s New Single “Russian Roulette” Is unexpected in hot. People were a little upset that the first single wasn’t a club banger, but I am glad that it wasn’t because Everybody is doing that. And that is the lazy way out. Rihanna is a risk taker and Rated R is going to change the game all together. The Pop Rock Mega Star is back and she said the wait is ova november 23rd.

13. chick says:

beyonce of course u.u

14. michael says:

Taylor Swift deserves this awars

15. oscar merchan says:

hola como estan bueno mi cantante favorita y es la mejor del momento es TAYLOR SWIFT me encanta es estupenda le deseo lo mejor y que siga triunfando un saludito desde venezuela

16. Lonnirose says:

None of the above. You forgot to nominate the best female singer of all – Susan Boyle.

17. Melissa says:

Oops, I meant, that Taylor is supposed to be “country” in theory, not pop…so she should not be nominated in this category. She stole the spot from more deserving, actual pop singers like Pink, Britney and Kelly Clarkson.

Taylor is over-exposed and over-rated. I am sick to death of her.

Go Lady Gaga!

18. Melissa says:

Lady Gaga deserves the love. She had a HUGE year! Taylor is supposed to be a pop singer, not country, so I think it is an insult to people like Pink or Kelly Clarkson who got shut out of the category to let Queen taylor in, when she is allegedly country (thought that is debatable), not pop. Taylor is a terrible live singer, and can’t hold a note to save her life.

Britney Spears also deserved a nom over Taylor..and I don’t even like Britney. lol