A Gossip Girl Spin Off?

By fredonelson | 9:33 am on May 12, 2009
Brittany Snow in the Gossip Girl episode "Valley Girls"

Brittany Snow in the Gossip Girl episode "Valley Girls"

OMG! When last night’s “Valley Girl” episode of Gossip Girl began with Brittany Snow as a young Lily Rhodes (pre-Van Der Woodsen) driving a convertible through Malibu to the sounds of Missing Persons’ “Destination Unknown,” I knew we were in for a real treat. The 1983 flashbacks of Kelly Rutherford’s Gossip Girl character as an L.A. teen are the beginnings of what will hopefully be a spin off series on The CW this fall. Bring it on! I won’t reveal plot points in case you haven’t seen it yet, but I will say that the show’s music supervisor should be commended for the best selection of ’80s tunes ever: Huey Lewis’ “I Want a New Drug,” The English Beat’s “Mirror in the Bathroom,” Modern English’s “I Melt With You,” Billy Idol’s “Dancing with Myself,” The B-52′s “52 Girls,” New Order’s “Blue Monday,” Men Without Hats’ “Safety Dance,” and Depeche Mode’s “Just Can’t Get Enough” are all featured prominently in the show. There’s reason to set your Tivo right there. Comment below on what ’80s gem(s) you’d like to hear in future episodes. And while you’re at it, voice your choice in today’s featured poll on which actor will have you tuning in this fall when The CW (hopefully!) picks up the show: Brittany Snow as Lily Rhodes, 80s teen heartthrob Andrew McCarthy as Richard Rhodes, or Krysten Ritter as Carol Rhodes.

1. Avi Gaba says:

Great site! Please update more!

2. Regine Lappi says:

There are plenty willing to pay thousands just to be exposed to this information. And we are presented with it free of charge. And how come, so few follow through and put it into action?

3. getting backlinks should be the first priority of any webmaster if he wants to rank well on search engines .~`

4. the prettiest girl on Gossip Girl is none other than blake lively, oh i just love her ‘~-

5. Precious tips found in articles could make up for an excellent ebook. By doing so your energy doesn’t stay buried beneath piles and piles of similar content in article directories, instead it continues to make leads and affiliate profits thru intelligent link placement within the content. Merely a thought broaden article marketing potential…

6. well, it is is hard to get lots of quality backlinks and it also takes time to build lots of them’-”

7. michelle trachtenberg is even more beautiful than Blake Lively of Gossip Girl-,’

8. getting backlinks is sometimes difficult but article submission should give you good backlinks:..

9. Gossip Girl have very pretty cast, i like Blake and Michelle coz they are really gorgeous,;.

10. i really like michelle trachtenberg on gossip gilr, she is nice and pretty ‘”‘

11. Mia Johnson says:

well, if you want to have lots of backlinks, you better have great content~;’

12. Ava Green says:

Michelle Trachtenberg of Gossip Girl is the most beautiful, she is better than Blake Lively.””~

13. getting many backlinks is very important for websites to gain search engine rankings.”~;

14. somtimes it is very difficult to get quality backlinks from authority sites..-:

15. I love Blake Lively of Gossip Girl she is so damn pretty.`’.

16. Wonderful web-site, wherever did you discovered this facts in this article? I am glad I observed it. i’ll be checking out back soon to examine what other articles or blog posts you possibly can have.

17. TSDating says:

Hello, I look at all your articles, keep them coming.

18. Just thought i would comment and say neat design. Affiliate Cash Ultimatum should be another Clickbank best seller for Paul Walker.

19. Boden says:

What advice would you give me about raising my own kids?

20. Doman says:

How do you want to be remembered?

21. I liked your article. I’ll add it to my Google reader. Oh and some pages looked weird in my browser. Maybe it’s time to change ! I’ve been told Firefox is a good one, what do you think ?

22. I usually submit 300 word articles on article directories to help me gain backlinks and readers.-*:

23. Aidan Bailey says:

Article Marketing is actually one of the best ways to promote a website and sell some products online.”~.

24. jesus, sweet post. I’ve been telling me friends about this blog. They love it!

25. Burns says:

What are the classic family stories? Jokes? Songs?

26. Marketing online with articles is definitely one of the simplest and most targeted ways to get customers who are already willing to buy something. The greatest way to leverage your article marketing campaigns is to use an article spinning and submitter software so you can post more articles rapidly. If you submit to more article directories, you will gain more traffic, and definitely will facilitate you to generate high quality backlinks quickly.

27. Hey everyone, greetings from Dublin. This is a cool blog. Does anyone have any advice about staying out of the friend zone with women? I’m really tired of girls telling me they just want to be friends. Maybe I’m being too nice?

28. The main aim of article marketing is to generate traffic to your site and build incredible. Getting backlinks will give you higher rankings on search engine result pages and consenquently more visibility. To accomplish this, you definitely need to utilize automation tools. Working on article marketing without any automated tools can get very overwhelming and time consuming.

29. Great info I adore examples of the articles which were written, and especially the comments posted! I’ll come back!

30. Gossip Girl is may favorite show and my favorite actress is of course Blake Lively. she is very beautiful

31. Gossip Girl is probably one of the sexiest TV Show. you have the very beautiful Blake Lively and of course Leighton Meester

32. Gossip Girl is the best TV Series for me. every teenage girl love this TV Series.

33. i love this show and my day is not complete if i have not watched Gossip Girl. Blake Lively is certainly the most beautiful actress on Gossip Girl.