OMG! When last night’s “Valley Girl” episode of Gossip Girl began with Brittany Snow as a young Lily Rhodes (pre-Van Der Woodsen) driving a convertible through Malibu to the sounds of Missing Persons’ “Destination Unknown,” I knew we were in for a real treat. The 1983 flashbacks of Kelly Rutherford’s Gossip Girl character as an L.A. teen are the beginnings of what will hopefully be a spin off series on The CW this fall. Bring it on! I won’t reveal plot points in case you haven’t seen it yet, but I will say that the show’s music supervisor should be commended for the best selection of ’80s tunes ever: Huey Lewis’ “I Want a New Drug,” The English Beat’s “Mirror in the Bathroom,” Modern English’s “I Melt With You,” Billy Idol’s “Dancing with Myself,” The B-52′s “52 Girls,” New Order’s “Blue Monday,” Men Without Hats’ “Safety Dance,” and Depeche Mode’s “Just Can’t Get Enough” are all featured prominently in the show. There’s reason to set your Tivo right there. Comment below on what ’80s gem(s) you’d like to hear in future episodes. And while you’re at it, voice your choice in today’s featured poll on which actor will have you tuning in this fall when The CW (hopefully!) picks up the show: Brittany Snow as Lily Rhodes, 80s teen heartthrob Andrew McCarthy as Richard Rhodes, or Krysten Ritter as Carol Rhodes.
Top Posts & Pages
- 'Friends' Creators Reveal Ross And Rachel Almost Didn't End Up Together
- Is Taylor Swift The Most Popular Girl In Hollywood?
- 7 Ed Sheeran Cover Songs You'll Want To Listen To On Repeat
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Lyric Video Is A Sugary Sensation
- Channing Tatum Might Join 'X-Men' Spinoff, Robert Pattinson's New Movie Trailer Is Here, And More
- The Best Dressed Celebs At Coachella 2014!
- Taylor Swift Sings Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' and 8 More Surprising Celebrity Covers
- This New Disney Theory About 'Frozen,' 'Tangled,' And 'The Little Mermaid' Will Blow Your Mind
- Kids Freak Out After Seeing A Walkman; 10 Other Things We'd Like To See Them React To
- Is This How 'Frozen' Should Have Ended? Watch The Alternate Ending Now!